Sunday, July 15, 2007

Come on kids, the pool is warm!

Today I got a call from my friend Richie. He told me he is planting a church in Pennsylvania in the Fall of 2009. So that means there are now 4 of us who have all worked or been a part of Forefront Church who are planting a church in the next 2 years. That's pretty cool stuff. There must be something weird in the water down there. Forefront was a great church to work and definitely helped helped me develop the passion for church planting. If you are ever in Virginia Beach, check that place out. God is up to something down there.

Today I'm praying God starts an amazing new church through us in the heart of Richmond. But I'm also praying for Baltimore, Lehigh Valley,PA and Indianapolis, IN. (and Miami, FL!) Those are the places my buddies are all planting. May God use us all to change our own little spots in the world.

Check out Matt's blog about his church plant in Miami, FL.
Check out Carl's blog about his church plant in Baltimore MD.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris - you'll have to let me know who is planting a church in the Lehigh Valley. That is where I grew up and all my family live. Definitely a booming area.

Justin said...

hey man, just found this blog. its bookmarked. miss you a lot man.

Anonymous said...

Laura,

That would be me! Richie Merritt! I grew up in the Valley and graduated from Nazareth High School. So.., once I get rolling, I'll be sure to let Chris know the website, etc...

Chris! Thanks for the props man! Your right though - definitely cool stuff happening down here at Da Beach! :-)

I'll be in touch soon! Love ya man!

IHL,

Richie

Anonymous said...

so, Carl, Richie & you are starting churches, who is the other person from Forefront starting a new church.

M.M. Somewhere in Asia

Barras said...

Actually MM...(I wonder who that might be...) The other person is the current small groups guy, Brian Leach. He is planting in Indiana. Also, I need to add Justin Dunn to the list who is planning on planting in Elizabeth City, NC in 2009.