Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Update on Area 10


Things have been going well for us here in the last month.  I will begin working full time for Area 10 on March 1st and I can't wait!   There are a few things going on for me that I will be working on when I start.
1)  Fundraising.  This is a big deal.  I currently have about 35% committed with quite a bit more out there dangling but not committed.  I'm out there speaking to anyone who will listen telling them about the dream.  I have an I have a dream speech.  Ask me about it sometime...it rocks...(at least I like hearing it!)
2)  Hiring staff.  I need a quality worship leader who loves Jesus and wants to see a new be birthed in Richmond.  God has the person in mind.  I can't wait to find out who it is.  In addition to that, I'm trying to find a gifted children's pastor and an administrative/organizer type.  I have some leads on possibles in these areas but nothing is definite yet.  I'll let you know when I know.
3)  Location.  Our church will need to rent space.  I have a GREAT place in mind, but I don't want to tell you yet, in case it doesn't work out.  Your prayer should be like this:  "Lord give Area 10 that GREAT place to meet.  Lord you know the spot"  I will update you on this the moment I find out.
4)  Core people-  We already have 15-20 people who want to be part of this church but we need many more.  I'm praying that God is tugging on people to join us and help this thing happen.  I keep bumping into people who live in the area and might be willing to be a part of it.  We'll see. One thing I'm learning is that God has been in Richmond for a long time and is already been preparing people for this.  That's one of the most fun things about this adventure.
That's what my new life will be looking like in 1 months time.  In addition to that, I'm going to be playing soccer, playing with my 3 kids and doting on my wife as much as possible.  

No comments: