Friday, August 22, 2008

1 month out

The countdown clock on the right has reminded me..we now have less than a month before our church launches at the Byrd. It's crunch time now...We're in the home stretch, it's the 2 minute drill...the bottom of the 9th....insert your sports analogy here....

I'm ready. Not actually READY...but I'm ready. God and I are talking regularly about this. He has called me to church planting for years...but now is the time.

We have a launch team that is ready too. They have that pioneer spirit...they want to see something new birthed here in the city. I'm so proud of them for seeing something that doesn't really exist. I'm humbled that God has given me these people to lead.

So put your seat backs and your tray tables in the full upright position...this month is going to be a wild ride.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's time to lace up your shoes, put in your mouthpiece & put on your helmet... I just felt it need my particular sports references to give it that rough and ready feel. We're all here for you and for what God has planned. It's exciting, yet humbling.. Let's get moving...