Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Preached at Mechanicsville Church of Christ

This past Sunday I spoke at Mechanicsville Church of Christ. They had two services, a traditional church and a contemporary service. It made for a long morning but it was worthwhile. There are some great people out there. Mark Coffey, the senior pastor has a great heart for the people there and is doing some great stuff there. They have a new family life center, and seem to be growing with young people. Kent Childers, who has been a friend of mine for about 6 years now, going back to my days at Forefront, when I was youth minister, does a great job there with youth and college age.


I will say it is hard to cast vision in such a way that everyone gets it. I feel like when I preach, I really put my heart out there and you sometimes feel like a lonely voice in the wilderness. I wish I could grab people by the collar and shake them and say “you just don't realize how amazing this church will be!” I have a dream. God is directing it. I pray we can build something great in Richmond for His glory, not ours.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just keep preaching and let God work with their hearts and minds. Sometimes people are too comfortable in their own lives and not able to see beyond it. Keep listening to the whisper.

Carl said...

i feel you brother. i'm doing fundraising talks in virginia beach all week. sometimes i look in people's eyes and they're went with tears as they comprehend the great need out there for a bible-based, spirit-led, relevant church for people to become followers of jesus. other people, however, look bored!
part of my closing prayer has become that god will motivate these people to reach the people only they can reach, just as i hope to reach the people in baltimore that only i can reach.